Believe it or not...Jared and Josh have been on their missions exactly one year. We have been reflecting on the happenings of October 24, 2007 and all of the events since. We have thought about the feelings we had while packing up the last of the suit cases in preparation for the 1 PM reporting time at the MTC. Rick, Tara, Garrett and I each wrote a letter for the boys to read their first night... a letter that they could take with them to read anytime they needed us while they were away...ones that would quickly bring them home and close to us in their thoughts. Rick gave each of them a Father's blessing; the last one for two years. All the kids have been the recipients of many Father's blessing over the years, but these felt different somehow and it was as if we were all receiving a spiritual gift.
As we drove into the parking lot of the MTC we were definitely on Holy Ground. My heart was feeling two overwhelming feelings simultaneously. It was breaking in pieces at the thought of sending my boys so far away on their own and away from me; breaking at the thought of not seeing them and hugging them for two years. But an even stronger feeling was overwhelmingly present...I was the mother of two young men who were joining the Royal Army of the Lord's missionaries. My testimony was swelling as I placed their missionary name tags on their suit lapels. This was moment I had dreamed of since the first time I laid eyes on my precious boys.
So now, a year has gone by and strangely enough...I have never felt closer to my sons; though physically I cannot touch them nor speak to them. They are growing and developing in ways that words cannot describe. Their testimonies are growing and they know the source of their blessings and happiness. We have been privileged to witness some phenomenal things in Portugal and Chile.
As I reflect on this past year and the blessing we have enjoyed, my testimony and gratitude swells. I have loved every minute of it as we have shared in their missions through letters and look forward with great anticipation, this next year.
As we drove into the parking lot of the MTC we were definitely on Holy Ground. My heart was feeling two overwhelming feelings simultaneously. It was breaking in pieces at the thought of sending my boys so far away on their own and away from me; breaking at the thought of not seeing them and hugging them for two years. But an even stronger feeling was overwhelmingly present...I was the mother of two young men who were joining the Royal Army of the Lord's missionaries. My testimony was swelling as I placed their missionary name tags on their suit lapels. This was moment I had dreamed of since the first time I laid eyes on my precious boys.
So now, a year has gone by and strangely enough...I have never felt closer to my sons; though physically I cannot touch them nor speak to them. They are growing and developing in ways that words cannot describe. Their testimonies are growing and they know the source of their blessings and happiness. We have been privileged to witness some phenomenal things in Portugal and Chile.
As I reflect on this past year and the blessing we have enjoyed, my testimony and gratitude swells. I have loved every minute of it as we have shared in their missions through letters and look forward with great anticipation, this next year.
Each letter I write to them is closed with...
"My beloved son, Moroni (Jared or Josh), I rejoice exceedingly that your Lord Jesus Christ hath been mindful of you, and hath called you to his ministry, and to his holy work. I am mindful of you always in my prayers, continually praying unto God the Father in the name of his Holy Child, Jesus, that he, through his infinite goodness and grace, will keep you through the endurance of faith on his name to the end."
2 comments:
Love it, awesome, inspiring, the best........thanks for sharing.
That is so crazy they have been gone that long! Can't wait to see you in almost a month!!!
Post a Comment