Friday, October 10, 2008

Fall is here!

I don't know exactly why fall is my favorite time of year, but it is. Every year, without fail, I seem to get anxious for the weather to give the hint that fall is coming; for leaves to turn color and for the early evening promptings, to light a candle with a warm rich pumpkin fragrance that says...ahhh "home"..."family"..."safety" Fall is filled with rich light, warmth and love; where even the smell in the air whispers...you're alright, your home, everything is going to be okay; you're safe. Fall fills my heart with peace. I tend to slow down a little and look around more. I see things with a little clearer perspective. I seem to pay attention to the creations and blessings of the Master a little more and gratitude sometimes, more often than not...spills out through my eyes. For me, fall brings a sense of safety and I am reminded..."Be still and know that I am God." So then...I guess I DO know exactly why fall is my favorite time of year!

HAPPY FALL!

2 comments:

SuSu said...

These pictures are breath taking. I can hardly wait to see more.

Jenna said...

I love Fall as well...it must run in the family. It's a time that lets me breathe and slow down a bit. Living here, Fall is my opportunity to spend more family time outside!