I love conference; literally at the feet of the prophets, being counseled and spiritually fed. It doesn’t get much better than that. One (and it is hard to choose just one) of my favorites was Elder Wirthlin…about having a positive outlook even amongst trials and hardships. A sense of humor is a good antidote many times when things weigh us down.
Speaking of hardships and trials…I have yet to escape. Brief synopsis…broke left elbow a year ago (falling off my front porch) and it didn’t heal right. Surgery to replace the radial head with an artificial one was performed on August 20, about 7 weeks ago. As my surgical luck would have it, a nerve was damaged during the surgery by a retraction clamp. So I have lost muscle function in the muscles which control the hand. Bottom line I cannot open my hand or lift my finger without the help of my right hand. My brain is telling the hand to open, but the message gets stuck in the damaged area.
The course of treatment? Well, we wait for two more months. I will be in hand brace to keep my wrist at a proper angle and to allow my fingers to be lifted with springs. Oh fun!!! It seems to me this whole thing started with my elbow didn’t it? Ughhh and now look where we are!!!
So in keeping with Elder Wirthlin’s message…I am trying to maintain a sense of humor about the whole thing. I mean…it could be worse right?
I am sure there will be more to come on this issue. For now…as President Monson counseled…I will “enjoy the journey”. (At least try hard to).
2 comments:
Love ya.....you go girl!
I love your blog. This is fun getting to see what every one is up to. I hope your hand is doing okay. That contraption looks painful. Miss you all. Love Cari
Post a Comment